Established in 2020, MetroLab Network’s Student Cup Competition recognizes, amplifies, and supports impactful collaboration. A prize is awarded to students from MetroLab’s member universities/colleges working in partnership with government and/or community collaborators on civic technology, data, and innovation projects.
Summit. The Summit will include a student session, featuring the Student Cup]
What Types of Projects are Eligible?
1. We are looking for projects that provide new analysis, policy, or technical insights to civic challenges.
2. Civic challenges include improving government, community services, social services; creating new mobility options; rethinking urban spaces; improving public health, and more.
3. Preference will be given to projects that can demonstrate that research responded to a community-identified issue,
4. We will prioritize projects done in partnership with a civic partner (i.e. a state or local government or agency, a regional or neighborhood civic association, or a non-profit focused on community engagement or service delivery).
5. We will prioritize projects that have produced or will have measurable impact for the community.
Learn about Past Competitor's and find Resources to Get Started