What we are looking for: A candidate who is interested in the future of cities and the civic research and innovation activities that will help us get there. The candidate should bring experience managing relationships and engaging stakeholders as part of a membership organization, association, or similar entity. The candidate should bring experience in communications, including social media, digital campaigns, and media partnerships. The candidate should be an organized, detail-oriented, and creative professional who would thrive on a small, entrepreneurial team.
About us: MetroLab is a collaborative of cities and universities focused on advancing data and technology innovation in their communities. MetroLab is a DC-based non-profit that operates in a dynamic ecosystem of federal, philanthropic, and industry stakeholders.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Lead MetroLab’s membership activities with more than 30 universities and 30 local governments in the US, UK, and Canada, including:
- Regular communication with members about their priorities and activities.
- Mobilization of MetroLab resources to advance member priorities.
- Management of member events, including workshops, conference panels, and treks.
- Development and maintenance of MetroLab’s online membership communication and resources.
- Lead MetroLab’s media suite, including website content, social media, online newsletter, and published materials on outside platforms, including:
- Daily Twitter and LinkedIn content creation.
- Management of email campaigns to members and outside stakeholders.
- Outreach and content development for media partnership programs.
- Represent MetroLab at meetings, on panels, and with partners in the civic ecosystem
- Manage communications aspects associated with MetroLab’s events, including conferences, workshops, and panels.
- Support program development and execution for MetroLab’s Annual Summit, including member-focused activities, conference program, sponsorship materials, and event execution.
- Preparation of briefing materials, presentations, written remarks, talking points, and agendas.
- General support for projects and activities that emerge as priorities for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters degree preferred) in public policy, urban planning, urban studies, or other relevant fields and/or experience.
- 7+ years of experience in policy development, local government, project management, and/or other relevant experience.
- Experience in relationship management and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience managing communications activities.
- Experience with various software, web, and social media platforms, including Microsoft and Google Suites, WordPress, Mailchimp, Twitter, and LinkedIn,
- Experience with CRM tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Location: Washington, DC.
Eligibility: You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation and benefits: The position offers a competitive non-profit salary for Washington, DC. Salary levels are dependent on a candidate’s experience. Position includes paid-time off, employer-sponsored health care, dental, and retirement account.
How to apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com