Date: August 26, 2019
What we are looking for: A candidate that is interested in the future of cities and the civic research and innovation activities that will help us get there. The candidate should be an organized, detail-oriented, and creative professional that would thrive on a small, entrepreneurial team.
About us: MetroLab is a collaborative of cities and universities focused on advancing data and technology innovation in their communities. MetroLab is a DC-based non-profit that operates in a dynamic ecosystem of federal, philanthropic, and industry stakeholders.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Project management for the Civic Innovation Challenge, a project supported by the National Science Foundation.
- Event coordination, including conferences, workshops, and panels, specifically related to the Civic Innovation Challenge.
- Development of written materials.
- Assistance with MetroLab’s media suite, including website content, social media, online newsletter, and published materials on outside platforms.
- Scheduling meetings, events, and speaking engagements.
- Preparation of briefing materials, presentations, written remarks, talking points, and agendas.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, urban planning, urban studies, or other relevant fields and/or experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in policy development, local government, project management, and/or other relevant experience.
- Experience with various software, web, and social media platforms.
– Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suites
– Demonstrated experience with WordPress and Twitter strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Location: Washington, DC; no option to work remotely.
Eligibility: You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation and benefits: The position offers a competitive non-profit salary for the Washington, DC market. Salary levels are dependent on a candidate’s experience. Position includes paid-time off, employer-sponsored health care, dental, and retirement account.
How to apply: Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org